Lilian R. Hidalgo, MD, Geriatrician
Attending Physician, Naval Medical Center “Cirujano Mayor Santiago Távara”, Lima, Peru
Fellow, International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program, Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice
Dr. Lilian Hidalgo works in the four levels of care of the Department of Geriatrics, Naval Medical Center ‘CMST’: Outreach Program (home visits), Day Hospital, Outpatient Care and Geriatric Ward, with a multidisciplinary scope since 1993 up to now.
My main experience within my hospital practice is dealing with the end of life oncological and non oncological elderly patients and their families. I’ve been working in this area since 2001.
I’m the current Vice-president of the Peruvian Society of Palliative Care (2009 – 2011). The Palliative Care in Peru is not well understood. My goal is to implement this topic for the pre-graduate degree in the university and implement this as a subspecialty for post graduate__ degree.
Acitivities Lilian is Involved With
- Implementation of palliative care in Universities and the most important hospitals in Peru
- Vice President of the Peruvian Palliative Care Society (2009-2011)
- Professor of Palliative Care for pre and post graduate Geriatric courses in Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Universidad Cientifica del Sur and Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, Peruvian Universities.
- Head of the Chapter of Palliative Medicine of the Peruvian Society of Geriatricians
- Founding Partner and Past President of the peruvian Naval Medical Corps (2009-2011)
- Perception of Palliative Care in Patient´s Relatives in a Military Hospital in Lima, Peru. Hidalgo, Lilian; Fernandez, Jenny; Lisigurski, Miriam; Runzer, Fernando; Ruiz, Paulo. International Palliative Care Network Poster Exhibition – 2010
Abstracts presented in national conferences:
- “Portrait of the terminally-ill elderly patient”. XIV National Congress and XXVIII International Course of Internal Medicine. Lima, October 2006.
Abstracts Presented in International Conferences
- “Cerebrovascular disorder of the elderly patient” First Intercontinental Congress de Gerontologists and geriatrics of Latin language – Forth Peruvian Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics – Third Gerontologic Journey of South Pacific, Lima, September 1996.
- Pilot study about the opinion of the care given to the terminally-ill elderly patient at the Geriatric Center of the Naval Medical Center “CMST”; in regards of the NG tube, parenteral hydration and mechanical ventilation. Fernandez, Jenny; Hidalgo, Lilian; Parodi, José Francisco; Lisigurski, Miriam. IV Congress of the Latin-American Association of Palliative Care. I Congress of the Peruvian Society of Palliative Care. Lima, Peru March 26 -29, 2008.
- Medical opinion regarding terminally ill patients. Naval Medical Center “CMST”. Hidalgo Lilian; Fernandez, Jenny; Parodi, Jose Francisco; Godoy Victoria. V Congress of the Latin-American Association of Palliative Care, Buenos Aires, Argentina, March 15-18, 2010.
About the International Palliative Medicine Fellowship (IPMF) Program at the Institute for Palliative Medicine at San Diego Hospice (350 KB)
Read About Other International Fellows
Subscribe to IPCRC.net
New videos and content are released weekly. Be the first to know and share with your colleagues.
Or text 22828 to “TreatThePain” to join our email list
RSS FEED: RSS Feed
Follow us on:
Donate to the IPM International Programs
Partners generously supporting the International Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program:
- NCI R25E Grant No:
5 R25 CA134309-02
An Innovative Curriculum
for Mid-Career Training
in Palliative Care
- U.S. Cancer Pain Relief Committee